PHILIPSBURG, Sint Maarten – The Central Committee will meet on May 18, 2016.
The Central Committee meeting has been set for Wednesday at 11.00 am in the General Assembly Chamber of the House at Wilhelminastraat #1 in Philipsburg. Representatives of the Independence for St. Martin Foundation will be present for agenda point 1.
The agenda points are:
- Discussion with the Independence for St. Martin Foundation concerning the following topics:
- Holding a referendum on independence
- Getting the territory of St. Maarten on the United Nation’s Decolonization list
- Advice regarding the installation and composition of a Committee of General Affairs
- Approval composition delegation and provisions for special delegates of the Parliament of Sint Maarten to participate in the handling in the Second Chamber of several Kingdom Laws
Members of the public are invited to the House of Parliament to attend parliamentary deliberations.
The House of Parliament is located across from the Court House in Philipsburg.
The parliamentary session will be carried live on St. Maarten Cable TV Channel 120, via Pearl Radio FM 98.1, the audio via the Internet www.pearlfmradio.com and viawww.sxmparliament.org.
Source: 721 News Central Committee meeting about holding a referendum on Independence on Wednesday