BREAKING NEWS:—Gas leak and possible sulfur dioxide caused teachers and students of Lionel Connor School to fall sick.

001

School closed for the day, while students were sent home — Minister Jacobs.

CAPE BAY:— Teachers and students of the Lionel Connor School had to be sent home on Monday morning due to some gas leak and smoke in the area. Based on information reaching SMN News at least two teachers fell ill with the fumes while students were also complaining. Due to the high scent and investigation that is ongoing regarding the sulfur dioxide that was found in the area, last week prompted the Minister of Education Silveria Jacobs and Department of Education to immediately close the school and send home all students and teachers.

In an invited comment, Minister Jacobs confirmed that the Lionel Connor School had to be closed on Monday morning due to smoke and fumes. The Minister of Education said based on preliminary information provided to her at least one teacher fell ill.

Kerstwens-SXMTalks-Eng-468x60px

Currently, the fire department and all other stakeholders including the inspectorate are in a meeting discussing the sulfur dioxide that was emanating from GEBE exhaust and the fumes and smoke this morning causing the closer of the school.

SMN News will update this news item as soon as more information is available.

Source: St. Martin News Network
BREAKING NEWS:—Gas leak and possible sulfur dioxide caused teachers and students of Lionel Connor School to fall sick.

LEAVE A REPLY