Harbour View :— On December 16th, 2016, His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, received the final report, including the Governing Program 2016 – 2020, Stability For Prosperity from formateur William Marlin.
The formateur has accepted the commission to form a new government supported by a majority in Parliament comprised of the NA-fraction, the USP-fraction, and the DP-fraction. The new government consists of Ministers who are committed to the promotion of the wellbeing of Sint Maarten. The new government will among others give priority to realizing sustainable public finances, to realizing waste management solutions, to further improving the access to and quality of healthcare, and to securing the safety and security on Sint Maarten.
The vetting of the candidate ministers and minister plenipotentiary, based on the pertinent regulations regulating the appointment of ministers has not produced any data that would impede their appointment. The formateur has nominated the following persons for appointment as Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary:
1. Mr. William V. Marlin, Prime Minister and Minister of General Affairs;
2. Mr. Rafael A. Boasman, Minister of Justice, Acting Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Traffic and Telecommunications and Acting Prime-Minister;
3. Mr. Richard F. Gibson, Minister of Finance;
4. Ms. Silveria E. Jacobs, Minister of Education, Culture, Youth and Sports;
5. Mr. Christopher Th. Emmanuel, Minister of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure;
6. Mr. Emil Lee, Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labour; and
7. Mrs. Henrietta Doran-York, Minister Plenipotentiary.
The Governor has scheduled the appointment and swearing in of the Ministers and Minister Plenipotentiary on Tuesday, December 20th, 10.00 hours, at the Governor’s Office. After the ceremony, the Governor and the newly appointed Ministers will have the constituting meeting at the Government Administration Building.
Falcon drive 3, Harbor view, Sint Maarten
Cabinet of the Governor of Sint Maarten
Website: www.kabgsxm.com or
Source: St. Martin News Network
Governor Holiday receives final report from formateur William Marlin.