Call for submissions: Calling all writers to speak out
USM, Pond Island. The University of St. Martin (USM) will be hosting the second conference on “Raising the Curtain on Race” and urges writers to speak out and participate by submitting abstracts. Currently, race and it’s by product-racism, impact the lives of people, not only in the Dutch Caribbean but globally. In many places race is institutionalized and a conscious (discrimination) or unconscious (internalized oppression) way of life has evolved which perpetuates this trend. With people becoming more conscious of the fallacy of race and the injustice of racism, many movements are arising and spreading globally to tackle this trend.
This year, Raising the Curtain on Race II will adopt the theme – Globalizing A Critical Analysis of Race and Racism and will focus on analyzing how race and racism manifest themselves on the world stage.
– What racialized experiences do people of color share?
– How do these experiences vary?
– How does racial denial (i.e. modern racism, white innocence, white privilege etc.) impact communication between socially constructed racial groups?
– What do justice movements mean locally, nationally and on a global scale?
– Ultimately, how can we work toward the common goal of equality and equity for all?
Save the date!
The University of St. Martin
This year’s conference will be held on December 1st and December 2nd and hosted by.
Source: St. Martin News Network
Raising the Curtain on Race II – Globalizing a Critical Analysis of Race and Racism.