MARIGOT–Centre de Formation des Apprentis (CFA) and the Collectivité have announced the availability of a number of apprentice programmes coming up in September.
Courses include: aesthetic cosmetics and perfumery, marketing and hotel, coffee shop and restaurant services, carpentry, joinery manufacture and joinery in furniture and fittings, sanitary installation technician, electrician, bodywork painting, bodywork repair, painter applicator of coatings, cooking (chef), and installer of refrigerator and air-conditioners.
Candidates should be between 16 and 29 years of age and have an up-to-date identity card or a residence permit authorising him or her to work in France.
Registration forms are available from the Collectivité during August at the Directorate of Employment, Apprenticeship and Vocational Training, Human Development Department (Bord de Mer annex) on Rue de la Liberté, Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 2:00pm. It can be reached at tel. (0590)29.59.24.
Deadline for submission to Maxwell’s office at CFA (Lycée in Concordia) is Tuesday, September 10. Openings of apprenticeship training courses are subject to the commitment of companies.
“Ideally, we want businesses to employ these young people and train them in the way the business wants them to work, so they fit in well,” explained Director of the Human Resources Department, Thierry Gombs. “The incentive for the business is that they pay 30 per cent of the wage cost for the employee and the Collectivité pays the remaining 70 per cent.”
Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/90022-apprenticeship-training-programmes-available