Emergency travel docs for Dutch, non-Dutch residents

HARBOUR VIEW–All non-Dutch nationals registered in St. Maarten in urgent need of an emergency travel document are to go to the Civil Registry Department in the Government Administration Building on Pond Island to get an extract from the registry (in Dutch: uittreksel uit de basisregistratie). Some form of identification is needed to retrieve the document.

  The Civil Registry staff will advise if applicants should go to the Cabinet of the Governor for an emergency document.

  To complete the process, the following documents are needed: (expired) passport, photo identification card and any other identifying documents (such as residence permit).

  A birth certificate is needed for minors to complete their paper work. Minors need authorization from both parents (if married or joined custody). Parents’ ID card or passport is required for processing.

  All Dutch nationals in urgent need of an emergency travel Document go directly to the Consular Department of the Cabinet of the Governor. Applicant must present an expired Dutch passport, photo ID card, birth certificate for minors and authorization from both parents (for minors) and parents’ ID card or passport.

  The administration fee for Dutch and non-Dutch Nationals is NAf 94 per person. The fee is required in cash by the Cabinet.

  The Cabinet of the Governor is located overlooking the Freedom Fighter roundabout on Falcon Drive 3. The office hours are from 9:00am to 3:00pm.

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/69340-emergency-travel-docs-for-dutch-non-dutch-residents