Faulty wiring causes evacuation of building

PHILIPSBURG–The old Government Administration Building that houses Government’s Finance Department and Charlotte Brookson Academy of the Performance Arts had to be evacuated close to 2:00pm Thursday after smoke was seen coming from a wire in the building.

Students and Finance Department staff were quickly escorted out of the building by Government security officers while the Fire Department was alerted about the smoke in the building.

Fire Department officers arrived on the scene and made sure the building was empty before they assessed the situation. The circuit breaker was shut off and fire officers managed to get the situation under control based on their experience.

The Fire Department gave the “all clear” 30 minutes later and workers and students were allowed to go back into the building.

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/67102-faulty-wiring-causes-evacuation-of-building