Fire blazes in The Quarter

Black smoke seen from a fire behind a residential home.


ANGUILLA–A large amount of smoke caused much concern in the area of The Quarter of The Valley. No official announcement has been made by the Fire Services or Police, but the fire was caused by old car tyres that caught fire at the back of a residential home. The blazing tyres caused many nearby cans containing petrol to explode. Police closed the road between Albert Lake’s corner and Proctors, and persons were advised to keep away because of toxic fumes. However, many people were to be seen viewing the fire.

  The fire burned for about two hours. No injuries were reported and there was no damage to the nearby house.

Source: The Daily Herald