PHILIPSBURG–The Shareholder (government) of the TelEm Group has suspended the naming of the company’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) until it receives feedback from the Corporate Governance Council (CGC).
Prime Minister William Marlin told The Daily Herald on Friday that the general shareholder’s meeting held yesterday on the appointment of a CEO for TelEm was adjourned pending the decision of the CGC. A candidate’s name has been sent to the CGC.
The process at CGC takes about five to six weeks. This newspaper understands that the two candidates proposed to the shareholder for the CEO post are Brian Mingo and Kendall Dupersoy. The board had interviewed about six candidates for the position and shortlisted it to four and then to two. The two names were submitted to the shareholder for a decision. It could not be ascertained which candidate’s name was submitted to the CGC.
Marlin said that the Shareholder has also requested the TelEm board to furnish it with information on how it arrived at its decision for the candidates. A report with this information is expected to be presented to the Shareholder on Monday, Marlin said. The report is expected to contain information on, amongst other things, details on the evaluation of the candidates.
Marlin had told reporters at the Council of Ministers press briefing on Wednesday that the CEO post had been vacant for quite some years.
Source: Daily Herald
Govt. suspends naming of TelEm CEO until CGC gives its advice