Javois refuses to debate opponent on TV or radio

001

MARIGOT–Les Républicains candidate Claire Javois says she will not get into a TV or radio debate with her rival, En March candidate Inès Bouchaut-Choisy, ahead of Saturday’s run-off in the Parliamentary Elections.

The latter has challenged Javois to a debate on the issues. Javois and Bouchaut-Choisy, respectively in first and second place, captured the most votes in last week Saturday’s first round and will go head-to-head to win the most votes on June 17.

At stake is a Député seat in the National Assembly to represent St. Martin and St. Barths, a coveted position the representative holds for five years.

Kerstwens-SXMTalks-Eng-468x60px

“With my team, we are conducting this campaign with the greatest respect for the views of one another,” Javois said in a press release, “respect that has been shown to all the other candidates in our district and I thank them once again.

“But in recent days, the candidate from En Marche has attempted to create hysteria around debating. Inès Bouchaut-Choisy, who claims to work in close partnership with the executive if she is elected, continually mocks the Presidents of our Collectivités in the local press. She has also made derogatory remarks about me on social media.

“I leave the En Marche candidate to her smear campaign and I categorically refuse to enter this dirty game of quarrels driven by ego. Loyalty and selflessness are the hallmarks of my campaign and political commitment to our Collectivités. So I continue my campaign in the field with my team and I hope that the St. Barths and St. Martin people following these elections will easily understand my refusal.”

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/66828-javois-refuses-to-debate-opponent-on-tv-or-radio

LEAVE A REPLY