Minor sent home Wednesday, case will not be investigated

mw ad

PHILIPSBURG–The twelve-year-old girl who was found tied up in a trailer in Madame Estate close to 8:00am Wednesday is back home with her parents. After examination and some questioning of the child, Juvenile Department investigators deemed the incident a personal circumstance case.

  Police remain tight-lipped about the case because it involves a minor. However, The Daily Herald understands that no signs of child abuse or physical bruising were found to suggest a kidnapping or assault situation.

  Prosecutor’s Office spokesman Gino Bernadina said the Prosecutor’s Office had no criminal investigation ongoing concerning the girl.

Kerstwens-SXMTalks-Eng-468x60px

  Police spokesman Chief Inspector Ricardo Henson said the girl had been sent home Wednesday, as they had found no reason to keep her away from her parents. Henson also said the parents would make sure she gets the necessary help. 

  Word spread quickly on Wednesday afternoon of a possible child abduction, causing island-wide panic. The child apparently ran away from home early Wednesday and was missing for six hours before she was spotted opposite the Zoo early Wednesday morning.

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/61233-minor-sent-home-wednesday-case-will-not-be-investigated

LEAVE A REPLY