Rat droppings cause of Civil Registry closure

POND ISLAND–Rats droppings coating the ceiling of the Civil Registry Department has been blamed for the foul stench that emanated from one area of the building and for the two-day closure that followed last week.

  Prime Minister William Marlin told the press on Wednesday an inspection of the building uncovered the coated ceiling. A thorough cleaning was ordered and carried out promptly. The Department was reopened to public after the cleaning was completed.

  When the stench was detected on March 8, the Fire Department had been summoned to investigate as there were fears of electrical issues, but this turned out not to be the situation.

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/64422-rat-droppings-cause-of-civil-registry-closure