St. Maarten Tuesday Evening Weather Forecast

mazda

DATE ISSUED: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 @ 18:00 LST (22:00 UTC)

VALID UNTIL: Wednesday evening (18:00 LST) August 24, 2016

190076-ENNIA-ENG-Website-SXM-Talks-Bouw-468x60px

WEATHER: 
Tonight through Wednesday evening: Partly cloudy at first, becoming cloudy to overcast and breezy with scattered showers, some of which may be heavy and possible thunderstorms.

Forecast High: 30°C / 86°F             Forecast Low: 24°C / 75°F

Sunset Today:  6:33 P.M.                Sunrise Tomorrow: 5:57 A.M.

SURFACE WINDS: 
Tonight through Wednesday evening: Northeast to southeast with a gentle to fresh breeze of 10 to 18 miles per hour and higher gusts.

SYNOPSIS: 

An active tropical wave approaching the Lesser Antilles will bring showers, some of which may be heavy and possible thunderstorms, to the local region tonight through Wednesday. Motorist and residents in areas prone to flooding and falling rocks are advised to be vigilant.

Seas are forecast to deteriorate within the next 24 hours, peaking near 7 feet. Small craft operators and sea bathers should exercise caution.

STATE OF THE SEA: Moderate            WAVES/SWELLS: 5 to 7 feet

SPECIAL FEATURE:  A tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the Lesser Antilles is moving toward the west. Environmental conditions are expected to be marginally favorable for development within the next 2 days. The system has a medium (40%) chance of formation in 2 days and a medium (60%) chance in 5 days.

At 5:00 pm today Tropical Storm Gaston had maximum sustained winds near 65 mph. The current forecast track will take Gaston well north of the Lesser Antilles, therefore posing no threat to St. Maarten.

The St. Maarten Meteorological Department will continue to monitor the progress of these systems.

OUTLOOK through Friday evening: Partly cloudy to cloudy and breezy with isolated showers.

FORECASTER: Albert

The next weather forecast will be issued Wednesday at 06:00 LST (10:00 UTC).

For further information visit our website: www.meteosxm.com

Source: Daily Herald
St. Maarten Tuesday Evening Weather Forecast

LEAVE A REPLY