Thirty busses approved to transport students

PHILIPSBURG–A total of 30 school busses have been approved to transport students to and from schools and these are sufficient, Education Minister Silveira Jacobs told reporters at a press conference on Sunday.

Schools will reopen their doors in the country Monday, some for pre-exam and exam classes only and some for all classes. There were a total of 67 busses transporting students prior to the passage of Hurricane Irma, and this number had been considered too many.
The 30 busses that were given the green light to transport students, had been inspected and are considered fit and safe to bus students to and from schools. “These busses will be able to cover the routes. The busses that have passed are enough,” Jacobs said.

Source: The Daily Herald