NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Harvey, located near Matagorda Bay, Texas.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten, located off the southeast U.S. coast.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…high…90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
1. A tropical wave and associated low pressure area located just offshore of the coast of western Africa is producing a large area of showers and thunderstorms. This system has become better organized since yesterday, and a tropical depression could form in a few days over the eastern Atlantic. The low is forecast to move westward at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic during the next several days. Regardless of development, heavy rain is possible in portions of the Cabo Verde Islands through Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…high…70 percent.
Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/68955-tropical-weather-outlook-800-am-edt-mon-aug-28-2017