NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Franklin, which made landfall overnight in eastern Mexico.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a trough of low pressure located about a couple of hundred miles east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands have changed little overnight. Some slow development of this system is possible during the weekend while the system moves northwestward over the western Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
2. A trough of low pressure over the Bahamas is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Although development is not anticipated, this system could bring locally heavy rains to portions of the Bahamas and Florida during the next day or two.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…10 percent.
Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/68409-tropical-weather-outlook-800-am-edt-thu-aug-10-2017