NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical Storm Harvey, located just offshore of the middle Texas coast.
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Potential Tropical Cyclone Ten, located just offshore of the North Carolina coast.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…medium…40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure area near the Cabo Verde Islands have become better organized since yesterday. Environmental conditions are conducive for development, and a tropical depression is expected to form in 2 or 3 days over the eastern Atlantic. The low is forecast to move generally west-northwest at 15 to 20 mph over the tropical Atlantic during the next several days. Heavy rain is possible over portions of the Cabo Verde Islands through Wednesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…high…70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…high…90 percent.
Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/68988-tropical-weather-outlook-800-am-edt-tue-aug-29-2017