Turquin’s widow transferred to Guadeloupe for murder enquiry

MARIGOT–The wife of murdered veterinarian Jean-Louis Turquin was transferred to Guadeloupe on Friday to appear before a Judge of Instruction in the Pointe-à-Pitre court.

According to Le Parisien newspaper she was placed in provisional detention and faces an indictment (mise en examen) for murder.

Nadine Turquin was taken into custody in St. Martin for questioning on April 26, in connection with the on-going investigation into the murder of her husband in Mont Vernon on the night of January 7, 2017. While in custody she denied having anything to do with his murder, the newspaper reported.

La Chaîne Info (LCI), a French news channel, reported that during her 48 hours in custody she was “incapable of explaining how 19 granules of powder were found on her hands and how her blood came to be found on a broken vase. During her interrogation she screamed out at a suggestion she plotted to kill her husband,” the article stated.

The official story at the time was that the murder appeared to be the consequence of an armed robbery involving several individuals that went awry. Nadine Turquin returned to the home in Mont Vernon on the night of January 7, at midnight after a night out celebrating an anniversary at a restaurant.

She found her husband dead in the bedroom and called the Gendarmes. Two 9mm bullet casings were found on the ground. Jean-Louis Turquin died from a bullet in the back.

According to sources the Guadeloupe prosecutor Xavier Bonhomme was due to hold a press conference for Guadeloupe journalists only on Friday afternoon but by press time no further information on the case could be obtained.

Jean-Louis Turquin (68) took up residence in St. Martin, practising as a veterinarian, in 2010 following his release from a Corsica prison in July 2006 after serving 10 years of a 20-year-sentence for the murder of his son Charles Edouard.

Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/65552-turquin-s-widow-transferred-to-guadeloupe-for-murder-enquiry