The sanitary landfill (dump) caught on fire Wednesday afternoon. The Fire Department was at the landfill to put out the flames and assist the contractor in charge of the facility with smothering the fire. Authorities advised persons living downwind from the landfill to close windows and doors, especially persons who suffer from asthma, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory challenges. The Fire Department monitored the situation as the company responsible for the dump’s management fully extinguished the blaze.
Source: The Daily Herald https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/64598-update-dump-fire-over