Tonight a Jamaican man murdered in Cape Bay


Reports coming in to our newsroom is saying that a man from Jamaica identify by eyewitness as “Popcorn” was murder tonight on Aron Jacobs Drive in Cape Bay.

As more information comes available to us we will update our readers.


From: Chief Inspector R.V. HENSON


Missing pregnant lady

On Tuesday morning a family member of Donatienne Brown also known as Doni filed a missing person report at the Detective Department in Philipsburg. According to the family-member Donatienne had left her home on Arch road on Monday May 7th between 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. According to information Donatienne was last seen in the area of Baie Rouge walking in the direction of Sandy Ground on the French Side. Donatienne is 36 years old, dark complexion, approximately 5.7” feet tall and is 7 months pregnant. When she left home she was dressed in white blouse and dark colored pants. Donatienne is mentally unstable and sometimes behaves quite aggressive.

The police department and family members are requesting the assistance of the community to locate Donatienne and bring her back home safely where she can get proper treatment and care.

Persons to call if the where-about of Donattiene is known are Mrs. S. Brown at 522-4940 and E. Kemper at 581-3711 or call the Police Department 54-22222 ext. 213/214 or # 911.

 Man stabbed in his leg by suspect

The Special Unit Robbery is presently investigating an attempted robbery of his vehicle which resulted in him being stabbed in the leg buy the suspect. The incdent happened on Sunday May 6th at approximately 06.00 p.m. on Cannegieter Street. According to the victim he was supposed to meet a friend at the Jump Up Casino. Due to the limited parking in the area he decided to park on Cannegieter Street. While sitting in his car on Cannegieter Street he was approached by an unknown man who held a knife to his throat and demanded the keys to his car. The victim tried to defend himself against this attack and in that process he was stabbed twice in the upper leg. The victim escaped from his attacker by running from the scene. The suspect did not succeed in taking the car.  The victim was later met by police who took him to the Sint Maarten Medical Center for treatment.

Mentally disturbed female threw rocks at Parliament Building

On Tuesday May 8th between 10.45 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. a mentally disturbed female known to police and identified with initials D.C. threw two large rocks at the glass-door of the main entrance at the Parliament Building located in Philipsburg, causing two large cracks in the door. This incident happened while members of parliament were in discussion.

According to reports the female had been given medication to treat her condition about three days ago. The medication however did not to take effect with the result that she became aggressive.  She apprehended by two officers on duty at the Parliament building and taken to the Philipsburg Police Station where she was met by personnel from the Mental Health Foundation. She was given medication and then taken to the foundation for further treatment.

Aggressive man shot by police

A man identified with initials V.A and well-known to police was shot in his leg on Tuesday afternoon may 8th at approximately 04.20 p.m. The incident happened after police was called at the resident on Arrow root road where the suspect and his sister were again having problems. On the scene, according to reports, the police approached the suspect who was armed with a knife was ordered several times to put the knife down which he refused to do. At one point he became very aggressive and approached the officers in a threatening manner with knife still in his hand. He was again ordered by officers to drop the knife which he again refused to do. A warning shot was fired by police but the suspect continued approaching the officers at which time he was shot in his upper leg. Other police patrols, Paramedics, Detectives and Forensic investigators were sent to the scene to conduct an investigation. The suspect was treated on the scene and then taken the Sint Maarten Medical Center for further medical treatment. The suspect remains in hospital for observation.

Source: 721 News