Philipsburg — We found the following unpaid advice to political parties on Facebook. Good advice that we felt compelled to share with our readership as Postulation Day approaches on Monday, November 13th, 2017.
The unpaid advice to political parties goes as follows:
As all parties get ready for postulation day, let’s reflect on the political turmoil since 10-10-10. 7 governments in 7 years, but let’s analyze the situation a bit deeper.
Every time government fell over the past years, the main actor or actors were always young, relatively new to politics, a relative newcomer to the party from which they jumped, no proven track record of loyalty to party or leader, etc..
So my advice to party leaders is as follows:
Learn from gangs like the Crips, Bloods and Hell’s Angels on how to indoctrinate new members……for example:
1. You must become a prospect first before you can become a member.
2. To become a member, the prospect will have to prove his loyalty and worth to party and leader.
3. You must be a paying member of the party for at least 2-4 years before you can run on a list
4. Prospect must have proven expertise in an area of political relevance.
5. A prospective member coming from another party will not be eligible to run on the list in the next election.
In short the person that you hastily put on your list today without thinking, may bring down your government tomorrow also without thinking.
Political Parties and the way they function is a big part of the problem which is causing political turmoil. It’s too easy to get on a list.
(Source: Antonio Aventurin, Facebook)
Source: StMaartenNews http://stmaartennews.com/views/unpaid-advice-political-parties/