2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season. | SMN News

The NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center has released its forecast for the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season. Similar to various other predicting institutions the forecasters at the National Weather Service are forecasting a very busy season. NOAA states that there is a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season. In a normal season, there are about 12 named storms 6 of which become hurricanes and 3 are major hurricanes.

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is forecasting a likely range of 13 to 19 named storms, of which 6 to 10 could

To read more: http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/34841-2020-atlantic-hurricane-season.html