MARIGOT:— In addition to the work undertaken by the local authorities and the population to prepare and anticipate, as much as possible for the passing of a potential (hurricane) phenomenon, the Collectivité is also carrying out work to anticipate post-hurricane recovery, more specifically in the territory cleaning management.
After hurricane Irma, the Collectivité invested 15 million euros to clean up the territory, which mobilized 50 local companies and designated 11 waste storage sites. By the end of June 2018, 82,560 tons of waste were removed among which 55,374 tons were collected from September to December 2017.
Having acquired this experience, the Collectivité has decided to put in place a proper cleanup management in the aftermath of a (hurricane) phenomenon:
1- companies will be strategically placed in areas close to their location and the area assigned to them;
2- The territory will be divided into 8 zones for this purpose;
3. Storage areas and waste bins will be put in place:
– to allow the immediate cleaning and reopening of the landfill
– to allow a smooth flow of convoys to the dump
– to allow the population to get rid of their waste
4. The collection and drop off of convoys to the landfill will be from Monday to Friday from 07:00 AM to 14:00 PM. This will allow the landfill workers to sort and avoid overloading the site.
5. Under no circumstances will it be allowed to dump waste outside the designated areas and sites.
A dedicated team will be responsible for ensuring that these orders are respected. For this purpose, on August 24, 2018, the Collectivité published a public bid with no limitations to the number of recipients.
This bid concerns waste management services, the transportation of people and those with heavy equipment, for normal situations or post-natural disasters having occurred on the territory of the Collectivité de Saint-Martin.
These services will abide by the articles 78 and 79 of decree N ° 2016-360 of March 25th, 2016 relating to public bids for a duration of 2 years, with the possibility to renew an additional year. The services to be executed under this contract on the territory of the Collectivité de Saint-Martin consist of:
– The collection, removal, manual or mechanized handling, transport of objects, waste and rubbish of any kind, including animal carcasses and bulky items to the landfill in Cul-de-Sac, Grandes Cayes or on a temporary waste storage site located on the territory of the Collectivité of Saint-Martin specified in the order form
– The transportation of persons on the territory of the Collectivité de Saint-Martin
– Power washing of public or private spaces of the Collectivité de Saint-Martin
– The rental of tanks, generators, garbage bins, and signaling equipment
– Shredding of green waste
The service will be adapted to the needs of the territory of the Collectivité de Saint-Martin and comply to the regulations, for both on ad hoc requests and large-scale interventions (intervention exceeding the current level or post-hurricane for example).
In accordance with Article 39 of Decree No. 2016-360 of March 25, 2016, on public bidding, bidders have the possibility to download the DCE as well as all documents and additional information including the Notice of a Competitive Public Tender via the website http://www.marches-securises.fr.
The bidding will be closed on September 28, 2018, at 12 noon.
Source: St. Martin News Network http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/30123-clean-up-services-put-in-place-for-post-phenomenon.html