PHILIPSBURG:—The St. Maarten Heineken Regatta is a great event known for its world-class sailing and parties. The organization works with a great number of authorities to ensure the safety on the water and on shore. One of the authorities which will be helping during the 39th edition of the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta is, the Dutch Caribbean Coast Guard (DCCG). This will mark the 23rd edition that the DCCG is collaborating with this annual event.
For the upcoming event of Regatta, the Dutch Caribbean Coastguard is issuing some important boating safety recommendations.
Please take into consideration the rules and regulations of Country St. Maarten for seaworthiness:
• Visible Registration numbers and letters on both sides of the vessel
• Personal Floatation Device
• Visual distress signal ( flares, floating smoke signals, etc. )
• Fire extinguisher ( please check the expiration date )
• Sound producing device, such as a whistle or horn (not a human-produced noise)
• VHF- Radio
• Valid Certificate of competence
• Valid certificate of seaworthiness
• No sailing while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
In addition, it is also advisable to have the following on board:
• Mobile phone with a good working battery
• Enough drinking water
• A good working torch
The Dutch Caribbean Coastguard can be reached during Regatta Period through the following Phone number 913.
The Coastguard congratulates the organizing committee with the 39th edition of the Heineken Regatta and wishes all participants and visitors a pleasant and safe Regatta.
<!– Disqus comments block —
Source: St. Martin News Network http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/31329-dutch-caribbean-coast-guard-is-ready-for-regatta-39th-edition.html