Loading...
Loading...
Loading...

Fernando Clark addresses MP Emmanuel regarding his statements on abuse of power.

October 18, 2018

Fernando Clark addresses MP Emmanuel regarding his statements on abuse of power.
Loading...

PHILIPSBURG:--- As a result of the statements made by Member of Parliament Christophe Emmanuel in the PJD 2 1300 AM, PJD 3 102.7 FM and La Voix FM 101.5 FM newscasts on Tuesday, October 16, 2018, in regards to the abuse of power meted out against former police officer F.T. by the Minister of TEATT Stuart Johnson, which resulted in F.T.’s labor agreement as the minister’s driver being terminated prematurely for allegedly refusing to partake in sexual activities as was requested by the minister, Fernando Clark, the host of the program, questioned MP Emmanuel about his statements made in defense of F.T. while no statements were made when Clark suffered similar victimization from the minister of justice. The MP’s statements were published in the Daily Herald on Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Clark contended that he too suffered from abuse of power when he was requested by a minister to participate in sexual activities, which Clark refused to do and two weeks later the process to prematurely terminate Clark’s three years labor agreement with government began.
MP Emmanuel explained that he was not aware of Clark’s dilemma and was therefore unable to comment on it, but assured Clark that he will look into it.
When asked why some eight months after the minister’s request was made, he only now brings it to the attention of the MP, Clark explained that it was an embarrassing situation to be in and that he felt ashamed to publicly expose it. And, as the minister made no further advances, Clark decided not speak about it. Furthermore, Clark said that he has no proof, no evidence and no witness(es) to substantiate what he claims has happened, but decided on Tuesday night to speak out as it became evident that such abuse of power are the norms of the present government and that the abuse has to stop.
Clark further stated that he has no intentions at this time to take the matter further, but wants the MP to know, whether he believes it or not, that it did indeed take place and the results are evident; Clark’s contract was terminated.
Clark said that he is waiting to hear if the MP will address this matter on the floor of parliament or in the media as he did in the matter involving the former police officer.

http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/30335-fernando-clark-addresses-mp-emmanuel-regarding-his-statements-on-abuse-of-power.html

Loading...

Source: https://www.sxm-talks.com/st-martin-news-network/fernando-clark-addresses-mp-emmanuel-regarding-his-statements-on-abuse-of-power/

Loading...

Headlines

Detention Sector Reform Program Advances Rehabilitation Efforts Through Structured Sports and Fitness Initiative | Soualiganewsday

August 11, 2026

Detention Sector Reform Program Advances Rehabilitation Efforts Through Structured Sports and Fitness Initiative | Soualiganewsday

SINT MAARTEN (GREAT BAY) - As part of the ongoing Detention Sector Reform Program (DSRP), the Ministry of Justice, in collaboration with its implementing partner, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), last month piloted a structured sports and physical fitness...

August 11, 2026

St. Maarten parents, students urged to be vigilant as fake housing scams on TikTok surge in Netherlands | The Peoples Tribune

AMSTERDAM--St. Maarten parents and students seeking accommodation in the Netherlands should exercise increased caution when responding to housing advertisements online, particularly on social media, following a sharp rise in reports of fraudulent student housing advertisements...

August 11, 2026

Connor confirms all St. Maarten patients in Colombia safe following deadly earthquake | The Peoples Tribune

GREAT BAY--Minister of Public Health, Social Development and Labor, VSA, Claret Connor has confirmed that all St. Maarten patients currently receiving medical treatment in Colombia have been accounted for and are safe following the powerful earthquake that struck the country o...

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...