PHILIPSBURG:— After the passing of hurricane Irma all day care centers suffered damage, some more extensive than the other ones and were left without power and potable water.
In accordance with the law, day centers must be able to operate in a safe and healthy manner. Power, being form the grid or through a generator, drinking water, proper ventilation and suitable and safe playground are some of the requirements. An inspection team consisting of inspectors from the Ministry VSA, the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of VROMI have conducted inspections on health, safety, infrastructural and educational aspects. Hazards related to these aspects shouldn’t be present.
Based on these inspections up till today only the following day care centers have been permitted to resume services:
- Alexander’s Early Stimulation & Development Center – Betty’s Estate # 8
- Busy Body – Fr. PA Barbanson # 8 – Simpsonbay
- Brighter Child – Zagersgut lane # 4 – Cul de Sac
- Care Bears – Tiger Rd # 10 – Cayhill
- Children’s World – Hibiscus road # 1 – Saunders
- Ebenezer Learning Center – Ebenezer road # 92 – Ebenezer
- Little Explorers – Wesley street # 7 – Cole bay
- Lucia’s Baby Center Foundation – Defiance road # 6 – Defiance
- Rainbow Bright – L. B. Scott road # 168 – South Reward
- Tiny Tots – Maho tree drive – Orange grove
- Lucia’s Learning Center – Defiance road # 3 – Defiance.
- Ms. Ingrid Home Care – Watling Rd. 11D – Madame Estate
- Educare Learning Center – Pinel Key Dr. 36 – Defiance
- Fun ‘n Learn Kids Pre-school in Maho tree drive – Orange grove
- Kids World United Daycare Center – Kings drive # 2 – Dutch Quarter
- M&M – Hope Estate # 11B
- Speckles Corner – Clement de Weever drive # 33 – Union Farm
- Jubilee Joy in Meadowlands drive # 3 – Retreat Estate (owner decision to resume in November)
As soon as other daycare centers are able to resume services this will be announced.
The Inspector General
Source: St. Martin News Network http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/27350-inspected-day-care-centers-to-resume-services-updated.html