ST. JOHN’S, Antigua:— LIAT wishes to advise passengers that due to effects of the passage of Hurricane Irma and impending passage of Hurricane Jose that several destinations have been affected. A Hurricane watch is in effect for Antigua & Barbuda. A Tropical Storm watch is in effect for St. Kitts and Nevis.
As a result of the closure of several airports in the northern part of the network as well in the interest of the safety of our passengers and crew, several flights have been cancelled.
Please note that the following flights have been cancelled for Friday 8th September, 2017:
- LI 521 from Tortola to St. Kitts
- LI 521 from St. Kitts to Antigua
- LI 300 from Barbados to Tortola
- LI 301 from Tortola to Barbados
- LI 314 from Antigua to St. Maarten
- LI 314 from St. Maarten to Tortola
- LI 315 from Tortola to St. Maarten
- LI 315 from St. Maarten to St. Kitts
- LI 315 from St. Kitts to Antigua
- LI 364 from Barbados to Dominica
- LI 364 from Dominica to Antigua
- LI 312 from Antigua to St. Kitts
- LI 312 from St. Kitts to St. Maarten
- LI 317 from St. Maarten to Antigua
- LI 309 from Antigua to St. Lucia
- LI 523 from Antigua to Dominica
- LI 523 from Dominica to Barbados
- LI 508 from Antigua to St. Kitts
- LI 508 from St. Kitts to St. St. Maarten
- LI 508 from St. Maarten to Tortola
- LI 509 from Tortola to Antigua
- LI 524 from Barbados to Dominica
- LI 524 from Dominica to Antigua
- LI 512 from Barbados to Antigua
- LI 512 from Antigua to St. Kitts
- LI 512 from St. Kitts to Tortola
Passengers should expect some delays on services that will operate.
Please note passengers who have been affected will be allowed to rebook until 18th September. Passengers with travel dates from 8th – 10th September will have change fees and fare differences waived. Passengers who make changes after the 18th
September will be subject to all change fees and applicable fare differences.
We strongly advise our passengers to contact LIAT’s Call Centre for rebooking at their earliest convenience:
To call toll free from destinations within the Caribbean 1-888-844-LIAT (5428)
For those calling from Other Countries or Barbados 1-246-227-3850
Please note the Call Centre will open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
LIAT also wishes to advise that passengers who decide to travel but are unable to complete their journey due to disruption caused by weather conditions, will not be provided with meals, transportation and hotel accommodation. Passengers with onward
connections are advised to contact the respective regional and international carriers.
Persons are asked to continue to monitor their local media and weather reports. LIAT will continue to monitor the progress of the hurricane and will issue further updates and advisories via its website (www.liat.com) and social media platforms.
LIAT regrets any inconvenience caused by the delays/cancellations as a result of the passage of these hurricanes.
The next advisory will be given at 10:00 a.m. on Friday 8th September, 2017.
LIAT Press Release
Source: St. Martin News Network
LIAT Flight Disruptions due to Hurricane Jose for Friday, September 8, 2017.