PHILIPSBURG:— On Tuesday, August 22nd a total of 27 members of the KPSM attended a training session on “Domestic Violence” given by representatives of Safe Haven at no cost. The training started at 09.00 a.m. and ended at 03.30 p.m. The subjects that were discussed during this training session were:
– Understanding personalities and self.
– Understanding and practicing emotional Intelligence
– Understanding and conducting a domestic violence intervention
– Understanding emotions and managing differences and emotions
– Understanding and managing the issues regarding paramilitary v/s civilian life
– Exploring the importance of character quality
This training was given to the members of the KPSM as a tool, mainly with regard to conversation techniques they can use when they encounter a situation involving “Domestic Violence.” The Police management expresses its gratitude to Safe Have for providing this training to its personnel. The training will definitely contribute to the improvement in the level of professionalism of these officers.
KPSM Press Release
Source: St. Martin News Network
Members of the KPSM attend training session.