President Daniel Gibbs would like to inform the General Public that the setting up of our new district councils has been postponed. Originally scheduled for month of July, the procedure will be taking place in September so as to allow the Department of Public Policy Evaluation to receive more applications. The notice of deficiency of applicants in some districts gives interested persons until Thursday, August 19th, 2017 to register.
To submit your application, please contact the following:
• District Council N°1 : Quartier d’Orléans at 0590 29 47 26
• District Coucil N°2 : Grand Case at 0590 29 70 88
• The Department of Public Policy Evaluation and Local Democracy- Immeuble les Bougainvilliers Marigot (1st story)- At 05 90 52 86 89 or 05 90 52 86 93
• Assistant of VP, Mrs GUMBS Céline – Pôle Humain, at 05 90 29 59 10.
The application form is currently available at all District Councils and also accessible for download on the website of the Collectivité: www.com-saint-martin.fr.
List of documents to provide :
– Copy of passeport or ID card
– Attestation d’adressage (issued at Urban Department) / Proof of residency
– Certificate of voter information (issued at Department of Election)
The Collectivité of Saint-Martin defines the boundaries of 6 District Councils:
DC 1 : Soleil levant (orange) : Griselle – Oyster-Pond – Belle plaine – Flagstaff – Orléans – Baie orientale.
DC 2 : Terre de Culture (purple) : Chevrise – Cul de Sac – Mont Vernon – Grand-Case – La Savane – Morne O’Reilly.
DC 3 : Terre d’espoir (green) : Lot La Savanna – Pic Paradis – Saint-Louis – Rambaud – Colombier – Cripple Gate –Friar’s Bay.
DC 4 : Terre d’échanges et patrimoine (blue) : Morne-Valois – Agrément – Hameau du Pont – Galisbay – La Colombe – Concordia – Spring – Mont des Accords.
DC 5 : La Capitale (red) : Centre-ville de Marigot – Saint-James – Rue de Hollande – Mont Fortune – Bellevue.
DC 6 : Terre des Peuples (yellow) : Sandy ground – Terres-Basses.
The Collectivité of Saint-Martin is encouraging you to apply in masses so that you may take part in your local democracy and bring about an operative district plan change.
Source: St. Martin News Network
Setting up of District Councils postponed until September.