South Reward:—The SXM Achievers Toastmasters Club has teamed up with the St. Dominic High School to conduct a Youth Leadership Program (YLP).
A Youth Leadership Program is designed to motivate young people to grow personally and meet the challenges of adolescence by building their self-confidence and developing their communication and leadership skills. This program consists of eight sessions, workshop-style, enabling participants to develop their potential through practical experience. Ultimately, they will be able to:
• Overcome nervousness when speaking before an audience;
• Organize and present ideas logically and convincingly;
• Listen carefully to others’ ideas;
• Offer advice to help others improve their speaking and leadership skills;
• Participate in, and even lead, group discussions in meetings.
YLP Coordinators/Toastmasters Sharine Duncan and Vanincia Walters would like to personally thank Ms. Jennifer Halley and Mrs. Gianne de Weever for providing this opportunity to help mold the 17 YLP students into St. Maarten’s future leaders and competent communicators.
<!– Disqus comments block —
Source: St. Martin News Network http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/30188-sxm-achievers-toastmasters-st-dominic-high-youth-leadership-program.html